Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Is it time to short AOL?
Author: Jacob Levy Posted: 8/7/1999; 1:28:18 PM Topic: Is it time to short AOL? Msg #: 9252 Prev/Next: 9251 / 9253
Seems to me like AOL is on a self-destruct course:
* This IM war is playing into Microsoft's hands, now AOL is even mistreating its own clients by preventing them from communicating with people using MS IM. Every passing day the $180 million investment in Mirabilis is looking worse and worse for stock holders..
* I can get free access (28.8) to all of the interesting content on the Internet, or I can pay the same amount as AOL and get DSL access.
* Whenever I hit a URL that starts with members.aol.com I just give up, its useless waiting for that to load.
* They just conclusively lost the browser wars and they dont have a convincing entry in the server market.
* The AOL Stigma: AOL == clueless spamming newbies in most cluefull people's minds..
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Is it time to short AOL?, Donald W. Larson, 8/7/1999; 1:43:25 PM
- Re: Is it time to short AOL?, John Brewer, 8/7/1999; 3:04:16 PM
- There is no "Free" lunch, Lixian B. Chiu, 8/8/1999; 1:54:31 PM
- a way for aol to win?, mat wrigley, 8/10/1999; 2:05:48 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:51:46 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.