Re: Is it time to short AOL?

Author:Donald W. Larson
Posted:8/7/1999; 1:43:25 PM
Topic:Is it time to short AOL?

I watched a news special the other night ( I believe it was Fox News) that had AOL's COO as a guest. He seemed most confident that people would continue to pay for services even if 'Free' services of at least equal value are offered in the marketplace.

It seems to me that the "Free' label always attracts folks in some fashion. AOL's shares dropped over 3 points on that news from Microsoft.

Apparantly the COO has most of his compensation tied-up in AOL stock options. If AOL continues its stock drop, he find out how 'Free' affects his portfolio.