Re: The British Freeserve is doing quite well.

Author:Karl Dubost
Posted:8/8/1999; 1:09:19 PM
Topic:Is it time to short AOL?

Both AOL and MSN already have free service in Britain(with extra non-Internet related features for pay) to compete with Freeserve. This is because the telephone cost in Britian is so high, people can't afford to pay the telephone AND the Internet bill. Freeserve was started by the store Dixon's in Britain. They fund it on the hope it will increase thier sales in technology and to draw Internet commerce.

That's exactly the same in France. But we have just started the process. We just have now near from 10 free access providers in 6 months. No more paid account.

Our local communication are too expensive. 1 hour = 15 Francs (about 2.50 US$)

so if we can cut the price of the account, we will do it.