Re: Deep Linking

Author:Jim Goodman
Posted:8/10/1999; 8:58:38 AM
Topic:Deep Linking

Well, at Ticketmaster, I came up with the idea... I got the domain name, sold execs on the idea etc. Then I was part of the original team that worked with Starwave to produce the project. At the time we were all working for Paul...

A couple of years later, after some wanderings, I went to do it at Tickets.com, where I was the VP Product Dev, then VP Strategic Ticketing.

Now, i do it for myself with something new, but it's not ready yet...

With reference to "I understand why those that do get angry"... take a look at the NY Times article. It specifically states the mis-representation of information regarding Bruce Springsteen for a NJ show. You link to non-volatile info like you do with news articles. Ticketmaster is angry because they had tickets...!

This is a very interesting space, and not just because they are leading the fight about deep linking. This market is the sleeping giant that other media giants are just realizing is out there... Computerized ticketing. Everyone's doin' it... and they have some cool technologies, but that's for another discussion.

Need more info, just ask. More of an explanation might be boring to most....