Re: Deep Linking to Infoworld

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:8/12/1999; 9:25:08 AM
Topic:Deep Linking

Call me a typical German backwoods person - if it wasn't for links on scripting.com, I wouldn't have heard about Infoworld at all. Same with some other sites Dave is pointing to.

The "economics of attention" (eyeballs, shortly put) is getting more severe from day to day. Who reads more than 2 newspapers a day? Who visits more than let's say 8 or 10 sites on a regular basis?

For me, web logs like scripting.com (which are useful exactly because of so called "Deep Linking") are the only manageable way to use the WWW as an information medium, they are like the special interest editorial staffs that help me find the content I am interested in.

Taking my case as an example, the more places like scripting.com link to Infoworld, the better for them. It's that simple.