Re: Deep Linking to Infoworld

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/12/1999; 7:12:59 AM
Topic:Deep Linking

I got a great email on this from Lewis Downey this morning: "And what are they going to do, sue the search engines for deep linking?"

Short and sweet.

My opinion, without knowing the details -- InfoWorld's linking policy is a deriviate of their old pre-web reprint policy. They assume we want to link to them because they've said something nice about our product or company, instead of the truth, we want to link to them because they said something interesting, relevant, or even important.