Running on an Ethernet

Author:asa@asauthors.org
Posted:8/12/1999; 7:51:59 PM
Topic:Running on an Ethernet

I'm trying to get Frontier to operate as a web server on a Mac 7300/200 that is connected to an ethernet network. Whenever I have an TCP/IP session running with our ISP the web server fires up instantly but I want to operate locally. I've tried setting the TCP/IP settings to:

Connect via: Ethernet

Configure: Manually

IP Address: 127.0.0.1

the rest I leave blank

Whenever I try to use this setting, Frontier tells me that it can't start the web server because there are too many open sockets. What should my settings be to get Frontier to run locally.