Re: Powerlessness on parade

Author:John Brewer
Posted:8/16/1999; 12:33:43 PM
Topic:Webstandards starts petition:

It's not clear to me that Mozilla is repairable. If the combined resources of Netscape and AOL can't ship something in 18 months, I don't see how a huge cash infusion from the likes of Yahoo and Amazon.com is going to improve things.

Arguably, Mozilla was the best thing that ever happened to Microsoft in the browser wars. Mozilla has utterly failed to deliver, yet prevented any other open-source browser from gaining a critical mass of developers.