Re: The Slashdot Effect...no more "Scripting News Effect"

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:8/19/1999; 12:32:49 PM
Topic:The Slashdot Effect...

Well, looks like your reference to a "Scripting News Effect" disappeared from Scripting News while I was composing my first message. The paragraph seems to have changed, but I don't cache SN to be able to tell for sure. Anyway, your point was still valid. I imagine that InfoWorld's link policy page got many, many more hits as a result of your exposure regarding their policy. The Slashdot Effect from your posts may not have brought down their server, but the spirit was there...carry on!