Re: Next clonemaker, Compaq

Author:tim
Posted:8/20/1999; 9:39:55 AM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

I would try Micron next. They seem to try harder because they are trying to catch-up with the Dells and Compaqs of the world.

Also, they make make fast machines, their prices are lower (you can get a fully loaded PIII 600 with a 17" monitor for $1800), they provide lifetime phone support (unlike Compaq who charges you after the first few calls) and you get some free training through Micron University (although you probably don't need it).

Oh ya, they will sometimes deal on added memory and accessories - try that with Dell.

All in all, they seem like the best value going right now. I've only had positive experiences with them.