Re: Compaq DOA, Microsoft NT setup cruel and unusual punishment

Author:loren@skivvies.com
Posted:8/25/1999; 6:38:06 PM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

I had this same exact experience today! I was trying to set up a friends brand spanking new dual 500 NT box with a nic card and a bunch of high end hardware. We've been at it for a week and we just finally got to the point where we said screw it, stripped it down to the motherboard, and started from scratch (for the second time). NT screws something up on the install EVERY TIME at a completely different place...it amazes me how something that's supposed to be so logical and systematic can be so random. I could go ON about all the hell we've had, but we've traced every problem back to the NT install...as opposed to the hardware (we've even tried 3 different install discs.) Microsoft....i just don't get it. Now i know why i used to love my mac so damn much.