Re: Microsoft NT setup

Author:Derek Odegard
Posted:8/25/1999; 8:52:43 PM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

Yeah, Linux setup can be pretty easy if you have generic hardware. But I have given up installing Linux because X-Windows won't work with my RIVA TNT2 (a recent, but fairly common, video card). There are some cryptic instructions on the nVidia website for getting the original TNT card to work, but it doesn't say whether or not these steps will work for the newer card.

It made me long for NT Setup. At least with NT, I could get it working with a generic VGA driver, then install the TNT2 driver (by clicking a few buttons) when it became available. Plus I've already figured out how to work around most of the annoying ideosynchrasies in NT Setup.

--Derek