Re: Compaq DOA, Microsoft NT setup cruel and unusual punishment

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/26/1999; 12:44:33 AM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

I figured out the solution for the clonemakers (or maybe just one of them) and Microsoft. Reduce choice. A one-size-fits-all model that's manufactured in the millions. You know, something like the iMac (never mind the colors, don't want a lawsuit from Apple). And for Microsoft, tear down the walls, and let the clonemakers do all the installation. What a waste of time, forcing all these consumers to go thru this terrible experience. Imagine if cars worked this way. I just bought one. They took care of the whole installation. It was ready to drive the instant I gave them the check.