Re: Compaq DOA, Microsoft NT setup cruel and unusual punishment

Author:Jeff A. Campbell
Posted:8/25/1999; 9:07:25 PM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

Dave -

Well said! And I must agree for the most part. Every time I hear a story like this, I feel compelled to hug my Mac. It is (arguably) not as stable as NT, but I'd rather reboot every few days rather than be forced to do a single system reinstall of NT.

The only OS that feels as easy or easier to install is the BeOS. Even LinuxPPC feels a bit more polished than NT (then again, saying 'Linux' could mean anything, depending on distribution).