Re: Open Source Projects and quality...

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:8/26/1999; 8:24:09 AM
Topic:Opening Up Linux Journal and O'Reilly

> If Linus went to work for Microsoft, I'd retire to the

> Mediterranean, probably Italy, and assume the lifestyle of potter.

HA! You're cracking me up Dave!

But, as for ESR...sure, he's taken the opportunities given, but so have you, Dave. So have you. Not a contributer?? Do you know how long he's been around? Here's the list of projects he's involved in, and specifically here, his open source software collection. I use fetchmail every day. He's maintained the Jargon File since 1990, and been involved with the GNU project since the early 1980s. I strongly disagree with you here; but hey, you've got a right to your opinion!