Frontier 6 dies on fileMenu.close() ... seems odd?

Author:erik
Posted:8/26/1999; 10:40:36 AM
Topic:Frontier 6 dies on fileMenu.close() ... seems odd?

I have a procedure which copies older newsitems from my main GDB (usually around 15MB large) into an archive. Then when trying to help with my periodic Frontier crash problem, Andre or Brent recommended I do a SaveAsCopy periodically and then use the compacted new copy so I added that to the end of the archive procedure. Unfortuantely this procedure causes Frontier on Windows NT to have an execution error (fatal crash) more times than not. I'm guessing it dies at the fileMenu.close() statement as that is the line that is displayed in the status window. It doesn't die on MacOS. Here's the relevant snippet of code:

msg("Now saving a copy of infosources...");
window.bringToFront( @[myGDB] );
fileMenu.saveCopy( newfile );
msg("Now closing infosources...");
fileMenu.close( @[myGDB] );
msg("Now rename the old infosources to be an old filename...");
file.rename(myGDB,"infosources-old.root");
msg("Now renaming the compacted infosources...");
file.rename( newfile, "infosources.root");
msg("Now opening new infosources...");
fileMenu.open( myGDB );

There is actually a clock.wait for 5 seconds after each step--not sure why I thought that might help, but I guess it doesn't. Earlier in the script it checks for presence of existing filenames. I am up to date with madrid's latest rain. I'm really baffled. -- erik