Re: Xanadu--some initial reactions

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/26/1999; 12:18:26 PM
Topic:Xanadu--some initial reactions

I asked the browser guys to do this in a piece I wrote in Dec 1996:

http://davenet.userland.com/1996/12/18/TheKillerTag

At least Microsoft asked what I would use it for. I asked them what they use #include for in their C code. I even told them it would make my software unnecessary (or at least parts of it). They didn't do it. I imagine it would take all of fifteen minutes to add the tag. It's just an HTTP-GET and a string substitution. Couldn't be simpler.