Problem: Multiple Discussion Groups/Topics in one web site

Author:Andy Gorman
Posted:8/27/1999; 10:21:01 AM
Topic:Problem: Multiple Discussion Groups/Topics in one web site

I am setting up a site to support the collaborative design and construction of a new building (see dlc.colorado.edu). I would like to be able to post design alternatives in the form of floor plans, material choices, etc. Each discrete choice will have it own web page. Attached to each choice there will be a discussion forum for stakeholders to voice their opinions and preferences. This information will then be collected by the designers and integrated into a subsequent iteration of the design.

For example, one page might include images of two competing floor plans for one of the tenants space within the building. Below these images should be a discussion forum that will collect feedback on the design alternatives. Project-wide, there will be many choices over many iterations.

Can anyone suggest what they believe is the best way to approach this using Frontier?

I started looking at the documentation for setting up multiple discussion groups, but this does not seem to be the way to go since there will be so many separate forums and each discussion would need to be in its own web site. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad??? Would virtual domains help in this case?

Can my problem be solved using one discussion group and multiple topics -- each design choice being a different topic?

I am new to discussion groups. Can anyone point me to documentation that might help me better understand topic management. Any advice would be appreciated.

Andy (agorman@cs.colorado.edu)