Re: GIFs get expensive

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:8/27/1999; 11:53:02 AM
Topic:GIFs get expensive

Harley Davidson attempted to trademark the sound of their motorcycle exhaust. Another company attempted to trademark their particular shade of yellow. Half the lame web companies in the Valley think they deserve patents for putting common business practices on the Web. Girl Scouts were supposed to pay a fee for singing copyrighted songs around a campfire, and I think I heard that restaurants have to pay a fee to play a radio.

Meanwhile the open-source crowd is giving away great software and making money anyway.