Re: Sometimes it happens more quickly?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/30/1999; 7:45:35 AM
Topic:Programming ideas and time to mature

Thanks for noticing!

Niklaus Wirth revolutionized my life. I owe him the recognition.

My first Algol-like language was Simula 67.

My second was Pascal.

It was like a breath of fresh air!

(Before Simula I was a Fortran programmer. When I learned Simula I kept getting frustrated that it was so hard to do GOTOs. But then I never even considered adding a GOTO to Frontier. Not for a minute.)