Do This!

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:8/30/1999; 8:39:10 AM
Topic:M10K

I haven't dug in depth yet on the Frontier website, but what I particularly liked was what I found behind the Tutorial link on the left-hand menu.

The first choice on the subsequent page is New Website and the resulting page is straight to the point. No pre-amble, no explanations, just "Do this!" For too long, that's been too hard to find. Actually, I still think this is too many clicks away from the front door.

My reasoning has long been that you've got to show the power of the tool right up front. Don't know about you, but when I get docs with products, I either don't read them, or I look for the "do this" examples. I might one day read the explanations and philosophy, but right now I want to get something done. That's why I bought the product.

I don't know how hard this is to do, but my next steps would be:

You know, with all that spare time you have! ;-)

David