Re: Server Hardware

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:8/30/1999; 4:21:26 PM
Topic:Server Hardware

I'm not really sure about the durability of the dual OC'd celerons. I'd trust them on a workstation, but I'm not really ready to put them on the server.

We've got one at the office being used for graphics workstation type work. We've had some wierd software corruption type issues that we haven't seen with any other local machine. I'm not completely sure if it's the hardware since we only have a sample size of 1, but it's my suspicion.

Computer nerd puts together a nice machine though. Well ventilated, 11 fans in the case, including three on each processor. (One on the video card, three on the front of the machine, one on the powersupply)