software liner notes

Author:Joe
Posted:8/30/1999; 6:39:21 PM
Topic:Next clonemaker, Compaq

When I was a teenager I used to look at the liner notes and info on the covers of my tapes and CDs. Quite often I'd see things like "Paul Stanley uses BC Rich guitars" or "Richie Sambora uses Fender amps exclusively".

I'm waiting for the day when I see websites or software with "Joe Mahoney uses IBM PC's and monitors" or "Joe Mahoney uses Frontier exclusively". Wired do this now with their Colophon. Probably the only programmer who can pull this off at the moment is Linus Torvalds.

Joe