Re: Scripting as Anarchy

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:8/31/1999; 12:58:00 AM
Topic:Programming ideas and time to mature

Is that likely to happen?

dunno, but people are definitely working on such applications, in a number of domains.

for example, here are a few products that use Python in this fashion: trueSpace (3D modelling/rendering), ObjectDomain (CASE), Ultraseek (search engine), Sniff+ (IDE), and Abaqus (CAE).

and here's my personal favourite: Robofog (typography)

also see CNRI's Computer Programming for Everybody: ''We’re looking forward to a future where every computer user will be able to "open the hood" of their computer and make improvements to the applications inside.''