Re: Microsoft admits HotMail backdoor?

Author:Steven Livingstone
Posted:8/31/1999; 1:18:10 AM
Topic:Microsoft admits HotMail backdoor?

What really surprises me is that people are really not aware how insecure the whole idea is anyway (correct me if I am wrong please).

All the Emails are just send back and forth as clear text and although Authentication is used, encription is not used. This really applies to the majority of email crossing the world.

I think the bigger picture of certificates or some technology that should really be promoted to teach people that the Internet is not a secure place !!

It's OK saying that Hotmail and many other services are subject to attack and allow you to access information on the servers, but what about the millions of clear text information being transmitted??

Steven