Re: Aren't headlines authored text?

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:9/3/1999; 7:03:58 AM
Topic:Automated deep linking

Great! Interesting point. Granting the point that headlines are indeed creative content (which hey, sounds good to me...*grin*); WHAT IS THEIR PURPOSE?? They are the means to a end; driving me to read the article! If I disseminate them far and wide, is this BAD?

BTW...I'm trying to look at the technical act of "scraping" itself, not the end use. I'm hypothetically supposing a NON-"scrape and use with my own ads, making it look like my content" type deal. I'm talking about a weblog, perhaps, that scrapes other weblogs, using them in a similar fashion to how one would use an RSS file, and clearly marking it as the other site's info.

Point being, I'm trying to imagine the LEAST "harmful/impactful" scrape possible, to see if even it runs afoul...