Re: Aren't headlines authored text?

Author:Ben Griffiths
Posted:9/3/1999; 6:53:27 AM
Topic:Automated deep linking

Newspapers spend time/effort/skill on headline creation to entice people to read the articles, hoping that they'll spend more time taking in the adverts that surround them.

If I used a page's headline to entice readers to read the original page, even if I published the headline elsewhere, then I'm doing the headline author a service. I'd be fulfilling the purpose of the headline, wouldn't I?