Re: "The Dark Side of Syndication"

Author:Jacob Savin
Posted:9/3/1999; 11:32:40 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

In "The Dark Side of Syndication" you wrote...

And it can be difficult to get a site listed at Yahoo. I suspect you have to pay them money, but where is this discussed or disclosed on the Yahoo site?

I'm not so sure about this. It is difficult to get your site listed as 'cool' or featured at the top of a category, but it seems to me that all that's required to get a simple listing is to submit a link and a description via CGI. The last time I personally did this was before Yahoo did their re-org and added all the chat features (about a year ago), but I didn't have to do anything special to get a listing at that time, and others I know have had similar experiences.