Re: Feedback on www.userland.com?

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:9/4/1999; 7:17:34 PM
Topic:www.userland.com

It's possibly a bit confusing to someone new to both UserLand and Scripting.com. What's the difference?

You start off by describing UserLand, then jump to Scripting.com, then back to UserLand.

How about starting off with a description of UserLand as the publisher of news (my.userland.com), built with tools designed to both publish news and encourage collaboration (xml-rpc.com and Frontier), and the news content and editorial voice provided by Scripting.com?

Focus on UserLand first, then Scripting.com.

To me you want to stress the point that Scripting.com is your personal view, while Userland.com is independent of your voice. That is, someone going to UserLand.com to get the news and tools they need or want can stop there. They don't necessarily have to take Scripting.com and your viewpoint as part of the package. UserLand is you, Wesley, Eric, Bob, etc., while Scripting.com is you and your readers.

Right now it looks like one big package rather than two different, but complementary, packages.

My two cents.