Re: Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Author:ramesh@ramesh.com
Posted:9/6/1999; 8:14:31 PM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Dave,

I have been wrestling with similar problems for some time - my Outlook .pst file is now over 200MB. I am writing a VB program for my own use that pulls email out of my Outlook folders and dumps them out to XML. I am still working on the XML part. Haven't decided what fields to keep and what to discard.

Both Outlook (97, 98 & 2000) and Outlook Express 5 have COM interfaces that can be scripted using any language that can talk to COM.