Re: Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Author:Nick Sweeney
Posted:9/6/1999; 6:26:40 PM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

I figure that the mental effort to decide whether or not to delete a particular message probably costs more than the disk space necessary to keep the message, so why delete messages at all?

Does that include the mental effort needed to sort through a year's accreted email? Because that's when things get interesting.

(five years of having a 15Mb total quota on a UNIX shell account teaches you to filter and clean your mailboxes, I suppose. It may also be a consequence of living in a small country...)

But as for databases: what sort of paradigm are you looking for? Because when it comes to scanning email folders for relevance checks, I've not found anything nicer than the MIT Remembrance Agent:

http://rhodes.www.media.mit.edu/people/rhodes/RA/