Re: Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:9/7/1999; 12:27:44 AM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

It's the sort of problem which, on UNIX platforms

(yeah, but the UNIX folks have been cheating all these years -- they've always stored mail in easy-to-parse text files... luddites! ;-)

the only way I've found to get a text format dump from Outlook Express is to mail an entire mailbox to myself (select all messages, and then forward), save the resulting multipart/mixed message to disk, and parse the resulting text file using a Python script.

(another solution is of course to leave the messages on the server, and use a POP or IMAP script to clean up the server mailbox at regular intervals).