Re: Script possibilities...

Author:Ken Kennedy
Posted:9/7/1999; 12:25:19 PM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

Well, VB-style apps have the SendKeys statement, but I just don't find sending keystrokes to Windows apps to be a very robust solution. You have to worry about windows correctly having the focus, etc. Just a personal preference, I suppose. I do it when I have to, but it's my last choice.

As to depending on the file format, I don't understand your point. The file format can't change any more often than the app itself! Thus, depending on the app is no safer than depending on the file format. Any keystroke-sending app would be at the mercy of app "format" changes...