Re: The miracle of the date line lets me tell your future

Author:Stephen Judd
Posted:9/7/1999; 3:18:55 PM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

Would you believe that my paper diary is day to a view,and I looked at the right hand page rather than the left hand page? (oooh i feel stupid).

Nonetheless, we will hit that date (and every other date) many hours before the Americas or Europe. I have a brother-in-law who's an IT journalist here, his one consolation for being made to work over the new year is the hope that CNN might feature him for an advance Y2K report.

Pity that if something really catastrophic did happen, we won't be able to tell you about it. So if you don't hear from me tomorrow, head for the hills! :-)