Re: A bit of history

Author:Pasha Sadri
Posted:9/7/1999; 10:08:05 PM
Topic:A bit of history

I wouldn't feel so safe. The domain namespace is infinite but who wants a name like www.x45df5.com? Unfortunately most interesting domain names are either registered or some entity can potentially challange their ownership based on copyright protection laws. This is the point I was trying to elude to in my last post. The web is not where the radio (or TV, newspapers etc...) have reached, but it is a medium and a major aspect of it will become that way.

Here's an interesting link. I assume the DG software will turn this into a link :)

http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/08.19.99/cover/domains1-9933.html