Re...; How About Your Phone Call Records?

Author:Erik Neu
Posted:9/8/1999; 5:56:55 AM
Topic:Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

There was a fairly big news story a few days ago (can't find it after a cursory search or I'd provide a link) that said that phone companies could sell individual calling records, which I find equally or more alarming. There was some noise about "We'll only sell to businesses, not individuals". But, even if you believe the disclaimer, a detective agency would be a business. So would a "wholesaler" that sells the data to consumers.