Re: Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

Author:Mike Moran
Posted:9/10/1999; 9:15:46 AM
Topic:Summary of recent XML-RPC developments

I always find it nice to see a calm, reasoned, response ;-)

I think you've got to consider any new technology modulo the hype. Just because a technology is hyped up to do amazing things doesn't mean it should be dismissed when it doesn't. You should just ask "where's the beef". From what I've seen of CORBA, it does contain useful technology.

And anyway, if anyone ever thought that a single technology, or even many technologies, were going to "save" anything, then they're not living in the real world; much of the problems are actually human-based. This applies to all technologies, including XML-RPC and CORBA.

Oh, and btw, my cheerleading days are over; they couldn't find a uniform big enough down at Linux Central.