Re: IMAP client writing

Author:quelle@infrasystems.com
Posted:9/10/1999; 4:20:57 PM
Topic:Can I script Outlook Express or Eudora?

O'Reilly now has a book titled "Programming Internet Mail" which has a treatment of IMAP. I've just bought it, so I can't give you a review yet, but it looks to be a good introduction to IMAP (and other protocols and formats). You can get the same info from the IMAP RFC's but I for one would rather start with O'Reilly's clarified, distilled version.

BTW, my experience with the Python IMAP library is that while it deals with much of the mechanics for you, you'll need a knowlege of the protocol as well.