Re: New Third Voice version out

Author:Jeremy Bowers
Posted:9/15/1999; 2:49:36 PM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

You are distributing your alterations if you post a public note. You are collaborating with others in the alterations they made when you view a page. (This is the other reason I hate using Third Voice; I've come to the conclusion that simply using it is a violation except on sites that allow it (which renders the entire conversation moot; if it's allowed, go to it and have fun!).)

In fact, that precisely describes it: You are "distributing your alterations", not "distributing an altered copy"... since people couldn't concieve of there being a significant distinction between the two, it makes sense that only the second is directly mentioned. Still, what's the practical difference?