Re: New Third Voice version out

Author:Daniel Bushman
Posted:9/15/1999; 4:44:35 PM
Topic:New Third Voice version out

Hypothetically, I write a newsletter where I distribute my alterations of books. In the newsletter I write things like: "Turn to page 117 in 'The Book'. Read the third paragraph. Isn't that a dumb thing for the author to say...." etc. The newsletter contains none of the original copy, only references of where to find it. A certain bookstore/library has 'The Book' and my newsletter availible side by side on the same shelf.

Is this situation a violation of copywrite? I really don't known, but I sure hope not. I see this as what is happening with Third Voice.