Slashdot Reports NSI E-mail Security Alert

Author:Jason Kerr
Posted:9/16/1999; 12:22:33 PM
Topic:Slashdot Reports NSI E-mail Security Alert

According to folks on Slashdot, NSI has created a free email system and signed up all domain owners. Without permission. And, to make matters worse, the username is the domain-id, and the password contains the username.

I don't know if this is true; I don't own a domain name, so I couldn't test it.

If it is true, it's a really bad foul-up.