Re: Mapping syndication relationships

Author:James Carlyle
Posted:9/17/1999; 12:54:53 PM
Topic:scriptingNews XSL for Microsoft XML Parser(IE5)

Two points:

Firstly, what I think you're suggesting is that the publisher knows where the content is viewed. This is part of a post of mine to syndication@onelist.com today:

What excites me about RSS is the way in which publishers are publishing without knowing what delivery mechanism will be used - the content creation and consumption processes are completely decoupled

Secondly, I was talking about the wider issues of syndication between e.g. XML-RPC servers, not limited to RSS / ScriptingNews etc.