Re: If I were Microsoft's Marketing God

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:9/19/1999; 2:03:35 PM
Topic:If I were Microsoft's Marketing God

Well, right now it seems that bandwidth isn't the issue for Slashdot. It's the complexity and hairiness of their system.

The HP system is several years old. I don't know how it compares to or with the hardware Slashdot runs now. Though Greenspun runs one box, and the Slashdot crew need several boxes (they described their hardware some weeks ago and it numbers somewhere around 3 to 5 machines if I remember correctly.)

The server box I own is a Qube, which can't run either Frontier or AOLServer. So I'm limited to Zope, which is not a bad thing.

I was just curious how well Frontier compared with Zope and AOLServer.