Re: Behind the scenes at Eopinions?

Author:montulli
Posted:9/20/1999; 11:00:28 AM
Topic:If I were Microsoft's Marketing God

Apache running on Solaris is correct.

Apache is capable of serving several million requests an hour per server, which isn't the highest page serving rate, but it is plenty high. All our pages are dynamically generated from multiple database lookups so apache isn't a bottle neck.

Solaris is running on 4 proc Pentium III's with hugh amounts of memory. The performance we get out of the machines blows me away, and the price per machine is extremely reasonable.