Re: Desktop.com

Author:Sidney Markowitz
Posted:9/22/1999; 10:23:57 AM
Topic:Desktop.com

VNC doesn't itself address any security issues. I have run VNC via a SSH login to my server machine. It was pretty easy to set up: The server runs VNC configured to allow connections from the local machine, and runs an SSH server. The client logs in via a SSH client set to map the ports used by VNC. Then I run VNC client on the client machine, logging in to localhost. The ports get magically mapped to the server, all communication over the Internet is encrypted, and there I am telecommuting. The VNC server will not accept connections from any other machine, so all access is controlled by SSH.