Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Author: Tucker Goodrich Posted: 9/21/1999; 12:39:41 PM Topic: Desktop.com Msg #: 11303 Prev/Next: 11302 / 11304
A very good argument for keeping your PC...
Or you could always carry around a 386 running Linux....
Bill Gates is rumored to be using this as a demonstration of why Scott McNealy is out of his mind...
Seriously though, I know it's a beta, but I'm on a t1, and this thing is sloooooooooooooow. Try playing tetris with latency... (plus when you hit spacebar to send the blocks to the bottom, the current block *and* the next block go to the bottom.
Can't imagine what this might be like on dialup.
But I wouldn't say no to shares in the IPO. "qbullet.smiley"
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Desktop.com, Andrew Wooldridge, 9/21/1999; 2:46:29 PM
- Re: Desktop.com, Sam Yates, 9/21/1999; 3:23:42 PM
- Re: Desktop.com, Tommy Williams, 9/21/1999; 4:47:21 PM
- Re: Desktop.com, Jacob Levy, 9/21/1999; 5:21:59 PM
- Re: Desktop.com, Tucker Goodrich, 9/22/1999; 8:25:35 AM
- Comments from Desktop.com, Jon Phillips, 9/23/1999; 11:24:46 AM
- mac?, Patrick Breitenbach, 9/23/1999; 6:33:38 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:52:44 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.