Re: Today's scriptingNews Outline

Author:David Carter-Tod
Posted:9/24/1999; 5:58:29 AM
Topic:Today's scriptingNews Outline

According to Network Solutions, Virginia is the capital of the Internet. I didn't know that!

Of course, everyone's favorite football (NS) is claiming this and that instantly creates animosity.

That said, there are a lot of companies in Northern VA particularly. There are other reasons for claiming this though. Every state college (4-year and 2-year) is connected via a high-speed ATM network, Blacksburg in Southwest VA is the home of the BEV (http://www.bev.net/), the first "most wired town" in the US, and a number of colleges are heavily involved in Internet2 and advanced Internet research (particularly Virginia Tech).

Mind you, I would think the Research Triangle in North Carolina, or NCSA headquarters (in Indiana, right?) had as much claim.

David