Re: Look and feel of a web site...

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/27/1999; 10:41:26 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

I wonder what the difference between a "newbie" and a "non-geek/normal person" is?

I'll let you know when I figure that out. But one of the unforseen side-effects of the Internet is that the computing habits of our friends, family and neighbors become more of an issue. I think sometimes we forget how much time it took us geeks to learn the ins and outs. It takes time, there truly are differences in the way people relate electronically, and sometimes it can really try your patience, people can be so rude and not even know what they're doing.