Re: What's the deal with Third Voice?

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:9/27/1999; 2:04:42 PM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

"So what happens when this yahoo can just go on ranting about NAMBLA all over my pages? The teachers decide not to link to it (and I wouldn't blame them) the filter software out there the have in most of these schools starts to take notice and soon my traffic is taking a serious hit"

If the objectionable material were coming through Third Voice or something similar, but wasn't *on your page*, why would your page be affected, rather than Third Voice's service?

More likely, schools would elect to not allow Third Voice, or to disable similar features should they appear in web browsers. Otherwise, the *entire* web could become off-limits due to inappropriate ThirdVoice comments. I think schools have enough presence of mind to determine that Third Voice is the culprit, not the websites to which messages are attached.