Re: Web Users Own the Method of Presentation, Not Publishers

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/28/1999; 10:56:09 AM
Topic:Windows apps on Linux: the real reason

OK, good, now you seem to be listening. I like your self-deprecating comments much better than calling me a stupid ill-informed kvetch.

So answer this -- what if Microsoft added a feature in IE6, that defaults on, that allows everyone to scribble all over the web, including pedophiles? Sure you can turn it off if you stand on your head in a closet and it's Thursday.

What effect would that have on the web?

Please try to answer the question directly, without making personal comments. Thanks.